3/12/2014 – Festival of Sleep Day

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 3/12/2014 – Festival of Sleep Day

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Morning PG, great pictures.

Spent my weekend or the better part of it not feeling well at all, either was sick to my stomach or sleeping a really bad sleep (those kind where you can’t wake up no matter what you try to do), hope that doesn’t happen again soon. What a way to start the year, oh well

If you like stuffed Cabbage Rolls, this is a Winner! I tried this last weekend and it was fabulous! I added 1 cup of rice to mine. The whole pot only 15 WW Points Plus! At least 6 or 8 servings.
    UN~STUFFED CABBAGE ROLLS
    I saw this easy, healthy recipe and had to try it. I’m glad I did! My family says I can make this again, and I don’t mind if I do!
    Cabbage is a superfood with lots of nutrients! Among many other health benefits, it is known for healing stomach ulcers and preventing cancer –especially colon cancer. It is a very alkaline forming food. Eat it often!

Ingredients:
    1 1/2 to 2 pounds lean ground beef or turkey
    1 tablespoon oil
    1 large onion, chopped
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 small cabbage, chopped
    2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
    1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon sea salt
    Preparation:
    In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and onion and cook, stirring, until ground beef is no longer pink and onion is tender.
    Add the garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
    Add the chopped cabbage, tomatoes, tomato sauce, pepper, and salt. Bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, or until cabbage is tender.
    Yield: Serves 6 to 8

Buttons

Hey PG πŸ™‚ living today’s cafe.. I might just join kitties in a lazy sleep day πŸ™‚

Deb I hope you feel better soon.. I’ve been so sick of being sick latterly too.. I think a sleepy day is what you need too..

Must have a peek at yesterday’s cafe.. See what staff kitties have been up to.. I’m feeling a lot better thank god! I did have my eye looked at yesterday and I thought it might have been a viral eye infection but doc wanted me to go to Emergency room.. I know it’s silly but I said no … And he insisted I visit again today which I did my eye seems better and I think I know why he wanted me to go to emergency now. He said he doesn’t suspect an infection but thinks my migraine has something to do with it .. Oops … He probably thought I was having a small bleed or something.. Anyway I feel perfectly fine eye isn’t bothering me at all. But it still looks a little funny..

Noodle was so funny last night crying at bedroom door to be let in and when I opened the door he just sat there . So I closed the door and he started crying to get in again but when I opened the door the second time he was day there with his Mr Happy toy in his mouth πŸ˜† and he rushed in … We were playing fetch for an hour in the bedroom πŸ˜† he’s such a funny little man πŸ™‚

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

What the heck is wrong with people, these stories make me want to cry…

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2015/01/man-laughs-as-he-dumps-crying-dog-at-shelter/

Kittyzee
    Participant

Good morning and happy caturday Deb, PG and Buttons! Rainy here this morning, a good day to be lazy! Adorable pics of your furry purries PG! Buttons, Mr. Noodle is so darned cute with his toy. I don’t know what it is about cats and closed doors, but mine will not tolerate it. They push and bang and dig until their demands are met, lol! AND that pic above of the cat in the windowsill is just too cute for words.
    Deb, so sorry you are under the weather. Seems everybody is fighting some sort of funk at the moment. I dread thinking about schools opening up again, kids passing around everything and bringing it home, ugh.
    Well, off for a fresh cup of brew, enjoy your day everyone!

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant
    JerseyJoan

Morning/afternoon all – great pics PC – your gang is adorable! I guess cats sleep a lot because being cute is exhausting!
    Hope you feel better soon Deb. Some quality sleep would be helpful.
    Glad your eye is better, Buttons. Noodle is adorable with his toy! I tried to close the door last night only to have Miss Leela immediately get up and scratch at it.
    Apparently we are in for a snowy mix later that will quickly change to rain. Warm up tomorrow, then an arctic blast comes in.

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

Morning Joan, I am going to try and nap this morning.

It is at freezing this morning so maybe I can sleep until the blankets and the kitties πŸ™‚

https://scontent-a-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10891503_860808920608000_1812037638447445131_n.jpg?oh=c2b863836776a6c7ffa58c25d309b43c&oe=553AAC68

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good Morning All,

I love Mr. Noodle-he is so cute esp. with his nighty night toy, Buttons. The swelling on his neck looks like its gone down. For what it’s worth, you should do what your doctor recommends because this sound serious, Buttons. This is coming from someone who hates going to the doctor πŸ™„ . The cabbage rolls sound delish, Deb. I saw a recipe for making them in a crock pot so I’ll have see if your recipe with work for the CP. It really sucks when you’re not feeling well and don’t get a good sleep. This is the perfect day to try to get some “sweepy” so I hope you can rest sometime today, Deb. Yesterday’s temperature got all the way up to 35f/1c. WooHoo πŸ˜€ My grandma loved the Winter Solstice because it meant the cold weather was on the way out. Stay warm KZ and Joan.

I’m going to see Unbroken today. Then my beloved Pittsburgh Steelers are hosting the (boo, hiss) Baltimore Ravens this evening. Steelers, Steelers! Have a happy ~
    Pg

AV
    Participant

Morning all! …. PG, I absolutely LOVE today’s Cafe theme – the festival of sleep …. how appropriate, cause it’s exactly what I needed! …. I actually turned over, took out my silk eye pillow and slept in til 9am today! woohoo!!!

…. Mr. AV helped me de-Christmas last night (what little help he is), and today helped me change the outdoor flags to my pirate/jolly rodger ones πŸ™‚ Gasparilla is at the end of this month, and I’m not the only one raising the scull & crossbones today!

…. he’s fixin to go play golf (not soon enough), so he’ll be out of my hair and I can decorate the inside of the house and change out the table theme ….. love today! fun and relaxing for me ….. then later on, I’m gonna grill on my new grill (Christmas present), and we’ll probably eat outside, since the weather should be beautiful! ….. hope everyone is having a good Caturday!

Buttons

Hey KZ… I suppose we cant ask kids to attend school in gas masks can we ?? Might help stop the spread πŸ˜†

Joan your weather sounds all over the place.. Hope things settle soon..

AV enjoy your grill time hope the weather holds out so you can enjoy a lovely outdoor evening meal πŸ™‚

PG I know your right I should really listen to doc .. He was happy enough with my eye today thankfully and wants to see me back in a few days.. If it ever happens again I’ll head straight to A&E to be safe.. Oh and GO Steelers ! πŸ™‚

Just minding my nephew at the moment. Noodle is keeping him entertained πŸ™‚

Cheri Hoyt
    Participant

it is now 3:30pm EST and I am getting ready for my afternoon nap with the electric blanket. I just got my last xmas present…………. an Irish fisherman’s handknit sweater (thank you to the merino sheep that sacrificed its wool so I could be warm). I should marry it because its always going to be on or near me !!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well that sounds like a very warm and snuggly sweater, Cheri. That Merino sheep will be provided more wool (next year) to keep someone else warm. πŸ™‚
    PG

AZDEBRA 5/27 & crew
    Participant

BUB and Spooky try to make the most of an empty box of litter. Watch the full vid at: http://bit.ly/emptylitter

AV
    Participant

Lovely out door dinner πŸ™‚ looking forward to finishing Gasparilla door decoration tomorrow…

Cheri Hoyt
    Participant

I meant marrying the sweater, not the sheep !!!

lol@cheryl

sorry gang, was busy! wishing everyone a happy new year!

Moonshadow_NZ

Great pics PG and your furballs are cute.
    Deb, sorry you have been a bit off colour so far this year. I hope you are feeling better now. I like the Dr Seuss thing.
    Hi buttons, I’m glad you had your eye looked at. LOL @ Mr Noodles and Mr Happy, cute vid.
    KZ, hope the ‘funk’ you are all fighting doesn’t linger.
    Hi Joan, a shut door is only something for a cat to demand to have opened.
    AV, I still have to take down the Christmas decorations, hopefully Airy and I can do that tonight before she heads back home.
    LOL @ Cheri and the sheep. Your sweater sounds very cozy.

MS slides slowly into the Cafe. It is soooooooooooooooooo hot here and we have been out and about shopping at the New Year sales.
    Today’s Cafe title is certainly very apt, we didn’t wake up this morning until 11am ! ! I have no idea how we managed to sleep that late with HRH in the house but she had woken Mr MS at the normal time so he opened the window and she pops out and basks in the sun on the roof of the floor below.
    It has been so hot and sunny that the thought we have no appetite(can’t really complain about that) and have even had our dinner at 10pm. Despite the unbearable heat Airy and I will be heading to the local natural thermal hot water pools for a soak before she goes home as there aren’t any thermal pools where she lives. We are a little spoiled here having them.
    Mr MS begins work again tomorrow after 3 months off work recovering from his shoulder surgery, it is going splendidly and he has so much more movement than he has had for a couple of decades. Just wish he had been able to have this done years ago when he first had the work accident but it wasn’t possible.
    HRH has wandered in looking for food, she doesn’t eat in the mornings now, it’s straight out the door and off to a cool shady spot but she comes in early evening ravenous and ready to eat a horse if one should be silly enough to stand still long enough. Once she has eaten it’s back outside until as late as possible before she grudgingly comes in for the night. Oh the life of this cat, full time staff and food when she demands it. 😯 πŸ™„

what a gorgeous kitteh @ moon! lovin that cotton!

Anonymous
    Inactive

MZ,
    I love your meezer falling asleep in his belly. Too funny and too cute
    PG

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.