3 wk sunshine not eating enough

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3 wk sunshine not eating enough

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Melissa
    Participant

Hey all first happy mothers day to all u kitty mommies.
    Now sunshine is 3 weeks old today Friday he ate really good and pooped everything was good. Then yesterday morning he didnt eat a lot so while I went to work I gave my boyfriend instructions to try every 3-4 hours to get some milk in him. He did this but each feeding only got maybe 5ml all day. When I got home I fed him again. All day sunshine got probably 20ml of milk. When I do the pinch test on the back of his neck it goes right back in place not like clay. My main concern today is that his urine is a dark yellow and not pale yellow or clear. This morning he didn’t drink a lot. It’s now been about 36 hours since he pooped too. I’m assuming thats because he’s not getting much food in him and his little body is using all the nutrients. His belly isn’t swollen like it usually is when he gets backed up. I’m off today so I’ll be trying to get milk in him very often. I also found that Walmart has goats milk so I was going to try that as well. Any other ideas or suggestions are welcome. He also has an eye infection diagnosed this past Tuesday. But his appetite was coming back. He doesn’t act congested. Could this just be the possible feline herpes? Please just tell me when to worry. Thanks all

Buttons

Yes the eye infection is almost certainly because of the Herpes.. It will clear with the L-lysine .. But keep a close eye on it if green discharge increases he’ll probably need antibiotics..

I would also deffinately get the goats milk today if you can.. And try diluting the KRM a little it sound like he just needs a little more hydrating.. Darker urine normally means a little more hydrating is needed ..

Melissa
    Participant

Thanks. I ordered the l lysine on amazon ( the brand that one of ya’ll recommended) it will be here Tuesday. I’m already diluting the kmr with pedia light bc that was helping him poop better this past week. We are going to get the goats milk shortly. Should i dilute it as well?

Buttons

No need to dilute the goats milk 🙂 you could find even that will improve her appetite 🙂 let me know how she gets on 🙂

( oh and goats milk is one of the highest natural sources of L-lysine so you’ll be killing two birds with one stone there helping her appetite and her eye ( herpes) oh and helps the stomach and digestive tract as well)

If you can get a natural goats milk yogurt DEFFINATELY get that as well as the milk!!

Melissa
    Participant

We just bought the goats milk but ive gotten him to eat about 25 ml over the last 6 hours. Thats more than. He had all day yesterday. I think maybe he just missed mommy yesterday lol. Gonna try the goats milk with next feeding shortly. Hopefully with this hydration he’ll poop tonight and I won’t have to worry tomorrow lol

Buttons

It could have been he missed you some kittens are very sensitive.. At least he’s eating a little more now…

thats great! im glad hes doing better!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.