3 week old orphaned kitten

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 3 week old orphaned kitten

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    hj8511
    Participant

So my husband and I rescued a baby kitten about a week ago and the kitten has been doing great! I’m worried due to the fact he hasn’t pooped today? Is this normal? Should I be worried?? He is eating and peeing just not pooping. At the moment he is sleeping in his box with his teddy. I love this little guy I don’t want anything to happen to him! Please help me. Oh by the way we named him Casper! He is all black and loves to purr! It was love at first sight! He has to be ok!

Moonshadow_NZ

Hi HJ welcome to TDK. Bless you for rescuing Casper.

Here are some links for raising kittens. I hope they help.

http://www.dailykitten.com/chat/topic/links-for-kitten-raising-sites-eg-messybeast

Young kittens don’t poop every day, it can be up to 3 days sometimes. The links will tell you how to stimulate the kitten after feeding to encourage it to eliminate.

There will be others along who may be able to add more than I have.

I’m guessing that Casper has already stolen a piece of your heart, kittens will do that.

hj8511
    Participant

Yes he has! I’m in love with him ๐Ÿ™‚

Moonshadow_NZ

LOL, they do that to a person. Check out the poop tags on the top right too there will be some good advice there too and do let us know when Casper has pooped as we like to celebrate that milestone here.

hj8511
    Participant

Ok thanks!!! I will update you as soon as he does!:)

Moonshadow_NZ

Yay, do join in on the other threads. We have a ‘Cafe’ thread, usually started by someone in the US as they wake up and there are various other threads on many topics, not all to do with cats either.

I’m in New Zealand and it’s coming up to dinner time here so I will be disappearing for a while. The Thursday Cafe should open in the next hour or so.

There is also Introductions where you can tell us a bit about your kitten and yourself if you want to.

hj8511
    Participant

He pooped!!! I never thought I would be so happy over poop haha

Anonymous
    Inactive

It’s a cause for celebration around here ๐Ÿ™‚ Yay Casper!

hj8511
    Participant

Haha now he is sound asleep on my lap! ๐Ÿ™‚

mommabug
    Participant

Yay for poop! I was in your shoes a few short weeks ago and made the exact same comment

hj8511
    Participant

I never thought I would say something like that haha

Moonshadow_NZ

Woohoo, Casper pooped! Yay.

hj8511
    Participant
    Moonshadow_NZ

Oh Thud! Casper is such a wee cutie, look at those gorgeous wee toes and that fat wee belly. Now wonder he has stolen your heart HJ.

hj8511
    Participant

It was defiantly love at first sight!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.