3 week old kittens sneezing

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3 week old kittens sneezing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    cindy
    Participant

I have 4 kittens that are about 3 weeks old, i am fostering them and they are still bottle feeding. They are sneezing and have a tiny bit of nose discharge. I have had them 2 days.They are playing and eating just fine. I keep them warm and would like to know as long as they are behaving normally if this will clear up on its own?

Moonshadow_NZ

If there is any possibility that they have been exposed to cat flu then get them checked by a vet.

Kittyzee
    Participant

There is also the chance that they have feline herpes — this is not a death sentence as all my cats (5) have it. I control it with Lysine: an over the counter amino acid that seems to help with the symptoms. It’s human grade and I crush the pills in the blender and then sprinkle it on their wet food. It controls sneezing and runny eyes–they don’t have that much anymore. Since they are kittens and their immune systems are just getting started, it may take a few months for them to adjust and they may be sneezy. A vet check is always best as they will need shots and worm meds before too long.

June
    Participant

It may be an upper respiratory infection. If this gets worse go see a vet for some antibiotics. Hope they get better. 🙂

cindy
    Participant

It ended up clearing up on its own, thank you for all who replied!:)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.