3 week old kitten skin condition

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 3 week old kitten skin condition

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jade
    Participant

Hey everyone, so I rescued a lost kitten last march 14th of this year. Now he’s about 3 weeks old, I guess.
    And last march 28th I’ve noticed a bit of a rash on his skin around the back legs and not it’s spread to his anus area. I don’t know what’s causing it and I am really worried about his condition.
    I want to upload his photo here for you guys to see his condition but I don’t know how.
    What should I do?

Jade
    Participant

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jade,

The easiest way is to set up a free account with photo storage service. Most folks here use either photobucket and Tinypic. Once you upload a picture we’ll be able see it. A few of us use Instagram so you can also load up there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Here’s some slides from PetMD. I hope this helps-

http://pets.webmd.com/cats/ss/slideshow-skin-problems-in-cats

Jade
    Participant

Jade
    Participant

He has it on his nose and mouth too and also his toes. I wanna take him to the vet but I don’t have money so is there anything affordable that I can treat him with? I’m currently using Betadine to treat his wounds.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I don’t know what that is on your kitten, unless it’s urine burns. If he is peeing and laying in it, then it will burn his tender skin. Make sure he is not laying in his own pee and poop. I’m going to post a couple of sites for you to look at in hand rearing kittens. Their bedding has to be changed every day and washed. They also have to be stimulated to pee and poop, as kittens this young usually don’t pee and poop on their own.

If it is urine burns, you need to wash him and then dry him completely. Making sure he is not cold or wet afterwards. You could put an ointment on his skin like a newborn human baby to act as a moisture barrier against the urine.

http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm
    http://www.2ndchance.info/orphankitten.htm

Jade
    Participant

Thank you so much for the help. I really appreciate it.
    He does pee a lot (on bed, before and after drinking milk).

Jade
    Participant

Btw, is it safe if we use virgin coconut oil on him? Or will it just make the burns worse?

Kittyzee
    Participant

Coconut oil will not hurt him, but you need to make sure he is clean and dry first. If you read the links on kitten rearing that I provided, it will tell you that you need to rub the area to stimulate him to pee, and then to poop. Clean him well, then you can apply the coconut oil to his skin, rubbing gently. Make sure you switch out his bedding and small blankets that become soiled with fresh dry ones to prevent this from happening. Remember–I don’t know for sure what this rash is as I have only seen the pictures on photobucket. He should probably be seen by a vet to be sure what is really going on. Good luck!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.