3 week old kitten cries constantly

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3 week old kitten cries constantly

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lacy
    Participant

Me and my boyfriend went on vacation and he found a kitten in the middle of the road, its eyes had just been opened no doubt, I don’t know what to do. I’ve never had a cat before and he cries constantly. At first I would feed him multiple times throuought the day and he would sleep all night, now he wakes up through the night and starts meowing. I’m not sure why he won’t sleep through the night now, what changed? Help! Please.

Kittyzee
    Participant

Lacy, I don’t know if you know this or not, but little kittens are unable to pee and poop on their own. You have to do it for them. You get a warm washcloth and gently rub on their pee area and they will pee and on their anus and they will poop. I am going to give you some links to help you with feeding and caring for a new born kitten. They contain EVERYTHING you need to know about caring for a baby kitten. Come back here if you have any problems and we will help you. Good luck!
    http://messybeast.com/handrear.htm
    http://www.safehavenforcats.com/newborn.htm

Chaos’ Guide to Constipation

lacy
    Participant

I know that. And I’ve been doing that. He has been constipated but he went to the vet and he’s gonna be fine. I just don’t know what to do about the crying. I feel so bad for him.

lacy
    Participant

He does also pee on himsel like while he’s sleeping, So I guess he’s learning to do that.

Cheri Hoyt
    Participant

a 3 week old is far too young to be separated from mom and his siblings. I suggest you get him a stuffed animal for his bed and an alarm clock to simulated the heartbeat of his mom, of course turn off the alarm. also, hold him as much as possible, keep him warm, and talk to him in a warm, loving voice. he is scared and needs your company as much as possible…

Cheri Hoyt
    Participant

you might also think about getting him a little brother or sister…

Christal Handleson
    Participant

Try watching a movie with him. Also he might still be semi nursing so give him some warm milk. But yes definantly get him a stuffed animal or a ticking alarm clock also hold him and make a bond with him because he will try and find a mommy you need to be that mommy

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lacy,

Pls read the links that KZ gave you. They are the go to for all TDKers. I would start giving him Goats’ milk. It’s easier on his tummy and gives probiotics. You can find it in the refrigerator esction or the baking aisle. and mix the concentrate 1 water/1 milk. He cries because he’s hungry and lonely. He needs a warm, loving purrson or a soft furry toy to snuggle with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.