3 to 4 week old kitten hasn’t pooped in 2 days.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 3 to 4 week old kitten hasn’t pooped in 2 days.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of mommyof3 Mommyof3 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Salems_Mommy
    Participant

My brother has a kitten that we believe is 3 to 4 weeks old. We have been feeding her and her sister(my kitten, Salem) kitten replacement formula. His kitten hasn’t pooped in 2 days. Salem pooped yesterday, twice. Any advice?

Freeway
    Participant

are you stimulating them that young the mommy would still have to help them. i will check for the video i found about the triangle method and post it. if you are then the kmr milk they are eating sometimes binds them up. it is the best milk for them but if he is still eating them i would give it a bit longer.

Freeway
    Participant

yay i found it this video helped me out ALOT!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufFWLmpIu08

CSBM
    Participant

you might want to dilute the kmr a bit. it can be constipating. also put a drop or two of vegetable or olive oil in the kmr. it will help too…

if you just found the kittens, they might not be filled up enough to poop yet. and kmr (milk) will not produce a lot of poop anyway. you will see the difference when they start eating solid food…

Salems_Mommy
    Participant

Yes, we are stimulating them to make them pee and poop. They pee every time. A lot. Will try the vegetable oil next feeding. And tks for letting me know about the kmr doesn’t produce a lot of poop. Tks both of you and will let you know about the progress.

Freeway
    Participant

yeah it was pretty easy to get my guy to pee ALOT!!! the poo poo was tricky though. anyway do you have any pictures or did i miss them? i love kitties!!

Salems_Mommy
    Participant

I do have some. Not sure how to post them. Going to try an figure it out today at work.

Salems_Mommy
    Participant

Just got a pic of my kitten, Salem, up as my profile pic!

Salems_Mommy
    Participant

We have poop! Kasey pooped today around lunch time! So glad she did.

Crazycatman – CA
    Participant

Hurray poop!!! Salem is a cutie!

MizzCupnCake
    Participant

Poopy is a common issue, it turns out, lol. Don’t listen to any sites that say they should poop after every meal or even everyday. As long as their tummy’s are hard and bulgy, they are fine.

Skyron
    Participant

*As long as their tummy’s are hard and bulgy, they are fine. *

I hope you meant ‘aren’t hard and bulgy’? Hard and bulgy is never a good thing.

Freeway
    Participant

yay for poopy!!!! and yay for pictures so very adorable

Salems_Mommy
    Participant

Tks! We are so in love with her!

Mommyof3
    Participant

Yes she did poo but it was kinda hard though!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.