29/7/2017 – Caturday – Global Tiger Awareness Day

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 29/7/2017 – Caturday – Global Tiger Awareness Day

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Global Tiger Day or International Tiger Day is an annual celebration to raise awareness for tiger conservation.

The tiger (Panthera tigris) is the largest of the world’s big cats and this magnificent creature, with its distinctive orange and black stripes and marked face, is nearly extinct. 97% of all wild tigers had disappeared in the last century, with only around 3,000 left alive. There are nine subspecies of tigers, three of which are extinct. Manmade factors such as habitat loss, climate change, hunting and poaching are the main causes.

We’ve heard of how to support Tiger Conservation. Here are five simple, everyday things you can do to help save wild tigers:

1. Choose FSC-certified or recycled tissue and toilet paper products.
    2. Look for products that use RSPO-certified sustainable palm oil.
    3. Look for Rainforest Alliance-Certified coffee.
    4. Read up on saving wild tigers at Panthera Tigers Forever program.

Cya and have a happy~
    PG

GUD NITE SWEET TIGR

Moonshadow_NZ

Tired as a tiger kit. Nighty night.

lagatta4
    Participant

I’m so sad about the fate of tigers. Not the only threatened wild cat, though. There are others, some much smaller.

Interesting about the coffee. Most of the coffee I buy comes from nowhere near where tigers live, but there is an Indonesian coffee called gayo that I really like. I’m fairly sure it is ok as it is organic and fair-trade, but I’ll ask on their website about the rainforest certification (Café Rico).

Anonymous
    Inactive

Greater Good provides money through their website. It is free on our part. When you go to their website and click sponsors will provide Greater Good with the needed money. Naturally, the cause is Tiger Conservation. If you want to do a little something then please check out this website.

https://greatergood.com

JerseyJoan

Tigers are so beautiful! It’s so sad of the decline in numbers, especially since man is directly to blame. I’m thankful for the efforts of many, though.

Just working a few days is exhausting! Long hours and not a dull moment! As tired as I was though, still went out in the ’69 El Camino to a cruise night, then stopped for dinner. Coincidentally, neighbor’s band was playing at the “burger & a beer” place.

House is pretty messy -between not being home and just sleeping and caring for cats, the clutter has built up, not to mention the inevitable tracking of litter.

Happy Tiger Day! Stay positive for our stripey friends.

katzenjammer
    Participant

Evening all!

Purrfect theme PG!

I tried to access greatergood, but my browser says “no!” 🙁

And now I’m off to do a srsly ASAP vol translation and then get back to the rework of the knitting that I messed up last wk. had to re-order some yarn, but leftovers might become a gifted knit pillow. Plus rework is not all that much work all told and usually comes out better.

I’ll leave you with my small contribution:

Anonymous
    Inactive

I aapologize the link is .org and not .com.

Greatergood.org

katzenjammer
    Participant

As expected, although I did get to the greatergood site. but when I tried to click, well no luck with my browser. *Sigh*

I was able to sorta get on greatergood shopping site where I have scored some unique stuff in the past – and felt good about it! Would have to order via phone and get CS rep to provide me with all the details as can’t get past the initial item/price. Anyway I’m not in shopping mode purresently, but this could change. 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.