22/8/2017 – Friday – Autumnal/September Equinox

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 22/8/2017 – Friday – Autumnal/September Equinox

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Autumnal equinox is on Friday, September 22, 2017, at exactly 4:02 P.M. EDT.

The Autumnal equinox—also called the September equinox—is the astronomical start of fall in the Northern Hemisphere and spring in the Southern Hemisphere. The word equinox comes from the Latin aequus (equal) and nox (night). During the equinox, the Sun crosses what we call the “celestial equator” (just imagine the line that marks the equator on Earth extending up into the sky) from north to south.

This is my favorite day because it means fall and winter are around the corner! Yea, Yea, Yea!!! I believe this day is a favorite for MS because spring and summer are around the corner. (Note: It’s already the September Equinox in Kiwi land.)

Kebler Pass (Crested Butte, CO) Sawatch Range
    Kebler Pass isn’t a “fourteener” it’s merely 10,007 elevation!

Kittyzee
    Participant

YAY for fall! Now for the temps to cool off….MS, so sorry you are growing webbed feet. But it’s been a pretty wet summer here, we usually have dried up grass and don’t have to mow much, but our grass is still green and it’s thick and heavy. Haven’t had to water the garden or flowerbeds but once this summer–and that is very unusual!

It’s not supposed to cool off here until the end of next week–I’m looking forward to it! PG, I’m so excited for you to have your surgery–this time next week it will be over!!

Jeankit
    Participant

Psst…it’s Friiday Yay!
    Friday Cheshire cat

friday flip flops
    First day of Autumn but feels like Summer around here – upper 80s thru weekend…yes!
    Gotta enjoy before ma nature realizes it’s Fall!
    good morning autumn
    Soon…leaf crunching time…
    OK, back to my desk on this solo Friday!

Daisy Mae
    Participant

HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!

Jeankit
    Participant

PM Purry Waves…still warm…upper 80s and humid…
    Cat Fall fun on swing
    This is still too early of a weather prediction/picture for around here…
    That’s ok, embrace “Indian Summer” this weekend…
    Back on the triple flip… 🙂

JerseyJoan

Happy Fall, TDKRS!

lagatta4
    Participant

It has been hotter at this end of summer beginning of autumn than at any time in our rainy, cool summer. It will be so hot and humid on Sunday that the Montreal Marathon has been cancelled out of health concerns.

Well, often our autumns are beautiful, but winter here is harsh and nasty. I suppose it is more pleasant in the countryside where it is colder but not as damp (we are an island where the Ottawa and St-Lawrence rivers meet).

Beautiful, beautiful pink dawn this morning.

Daisy Mae
    Participant

This seems like a silly question but I’m ask it anyway. How do I attach pictures without links?

Daisy Mae
    Participant

We have the midge fly to worry about now. not good. Have a happy Fall.

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.photobucket.com/register

Some people said the site was not letting them set up a free account. Supposedly, its been fixed.

You will see different options for sharing the photo. The only one you need to use is the direct link.

DIRECT
    http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/janedodo/b3ecc725-b848-4060-89d0-d883aba3a50c_zps5o3a17xk.jpg

On the DTK toolbar above the post –

click on “img”
    when the window opens delete the http://
    Then paste the DIRECT link from photobucket
    Then click twice

You should see you link in the post

I hope this helps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.