2 week old kitten with URI struggling to breathe?

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 week old kitten with URI struggling to breathe?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alyssa
    Participant

I have an 18 day old kitten that is just finishing up a URI. She has been on antibiotics for about a week and a half. Currently she has stopped sneezing and her nose isn’t running, but her nose is stopped up. She tries to sleep but wakes up with a jerking movement which I assume is her “gasping” for air through her nose.

We have done steam therapy and she is being weaned off of nose drops, but when she breathes it sounds like it is difficult and her nose is stopped up. Has anyone had this situation? Is it possible that she could suffocate? What else can I do to help her?

We have been caring for her since her mom abandoned her last week and we are terrified that she will suffocate to death. Three of her siblings died of complications with the disease, so I’m just scared that this stuffy nose will leave her the same fate.

Anonymous
    Inactive

You need to get her to the vet. ASAP. This is a serious problem and they need to check your wee kit out.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I agree with PG, you have done everything that you can do for your kitten. Now it’s time for the vet to step it up.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.