2 Week old Kitten poop with blood HELP..

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 Week old Kitten poop with blood HELP..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brocky
    Participant

Hi,

I recently rescued an abandoned kitten from the streets approx 3 days old…I took it to the vet, and they kept it in the incubator for 1 1/2 weeks…

Since i have been taking care of her, she poops all the time…Like every 2hrs..Its a yellowish, loose type texture, followed by a little bit of blood…

I have asked the vet and they have said this is normal…But i still am concerned..

Has anyone else had this experience?

Further, when feeding she sometimes claws at her eye balls…This is very disturbing and I’m doing everything i can to stop her…Is this also normal?

Dexter Chewie
    Participant

i kno the claws her eyes is but you should stop her, cause she can get an infection,

my mom has 3 kittens(well they are almost 2 now) but when they were babies the one had an eye infection cause of that, he’s fine now but you should just kinda hold/pet her paws while she’s eating so her paws are occupied doing something else then clawing her eyes.

I dunno about the poop though 🙁 hopefully nothing is bad 🙁

anncetera2
    Participant

It’s pretty normal, just watch to make sure the blood doesn’t increase. How old is the kitten now? And what is your kitten’s name?

As far as clawing at eyes, it could be coming down with an eye infection or upper respiratory infection; please keep a close eye out for any worsening symptoms, and get it to the vet immediately if she starts sleeping a lot, acting tired or listless, or starts losing her appetite.

If there’s no sign of infection, I can think of two things that might help.

Before and after feeding the kitten, I would wash the kitten’s face. Use a damp washcloth, soaked in hot water and then wrung tightly to squeeze most of the water out. Gently wipe the kitten from the nose toward the neck, going only in the one direction. Go along gently over the eyes, nose, and muzzle, making sure that the nostrils are clear and the whiskers have no food or formula sticking to them. Do this briefly before feeding, and more thoroughly after feeding; it’s pretty much exactly what the mama kitty would be doing.

Also, if the kitten is still on a bottle or dropper, make sure you’re feeding the kitten while it’s lying on its belly, with its head tilted a bit up. Give the kitten something soft to knead or hang onto while it’s eating.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing more about her!

cheyenne
    Participant

i took in a newborn kitten who is now two weeks old and is pooping blood i have had a vet tell me to give her really low dose of liquid dewormer but i am afraid it will do more harm then good

Anonymous
    Inactive

Cheyenne,

I hope you can get a second opinion. Kits shouldn’t have blood in their poop or anywhere else. It’s too young to be deworming esp. with blood so please, find another vet. NoW!!

PG

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.