2 week old kitten gender!?

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 week old kitten gender!?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  HuddysMama 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I rescued 2 abandoned kittens when they were a day or 2 old it has been 2 weeks and I really want to know their gender.

Here is a picture of one of them:

And here is a picture of his “area” can anyone help me find out their gender?

Welcome Lauren.

It’s really hard to figure out the sex of little kittens. Sometimes even the vet can misidentify them. All I can tell you is that the first three pictures are just as cute as can be.

What are you feeding the little ones? And have they seen a vet yet?

I have been feeding them baby kitten formula (KMR) every 4 hours and i of course stimulate them to use the restroom! One is named poco cause he was so much smaller… he isnt anymore and the other I want to name Chia cause hes so furry (like a Chia pet) but that is very much a girls name!

They have not seen a vet yet but they have been growing, eating, and gowing to the bathroom normally. I will take them to the vet very soon when do you think is a good time.. 3 or 4 weeks?

Chia is a cute name. I don’t think the ‘a’ on the end necessarily makes it a girl’s name. Even Chia Pets are available in male persona. And the hard ‘ch’ sound gives the name a masculine edge.

Call your vet and find out when they want to see the babies. It sounds like you are doing everything right.

There are two orifices. On males they are further apart than on females.

If it’s a male the orifices look like a colon, on a female, a semi-colon. That’s how I always tell and it hasn’t failed me yet. I don’t even remember who told me that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.