2 week old abandoned kittens won't poop! Please help!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 week old abandoned kittens won't poop! Please help!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Christa Christa 2 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Casey
    Casey
    Participant

Does anyone know if it’s normal for kittens not to poop for extended periods of time? It’s been 2 days. I’m feeding them kmr only. They eat very well and pee when stimulated but I can’t get them top poop. Any advice?

Profile photo of Kittyzee
    Kittyzee
    Participant

KMR powder tends to bind kittens up, so add a few drops of olive oil or mineral oil to their formula each time you feed until you see results.

Profile photo of Casey
    Casey
    Participant

Thank you! I will try that.

Profile photo of Christa
    Christa
    Participant

Hi Casey!!
    I recently had this issue with my little kitty! I raised her from 2 days old and she is currently 9 weeks! We fed her kmr liquid and she would only poo once every 2-4 days. We tried everything with her including watering down formula, adding olive oil, the triangle method of stimulation and even pumpkin purée. Nothing really changed the fact that 2-3 days and sometimes 4 was her regular. We talked to the vet multiple times and they were never too worried as long as she didn’t go more than 4 days without pooping. The one time she went 6 days without she required an enema. Once she was weaned from formula completely it has been like magic! Perfect poops every day! So if you are worried, definitely talk to your vet and keep trying different things. But we were told this is normal for bottle fed kitties, and ours is very healthy now :). Hope this helps!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.