2 Kittens, 1 with Diarrhea

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 2 Kittens, 1 with Diarrhea

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Kay
    Participant

Hello Everyone, i have two 8 week old brother kittens.
    They were rescued from my garage at 1 day old and have been bottle fed and successfully weened.

They just went for their 1st distemper shot last Tuesday. Both had a little spell of loose poop after the vet but it cleared up within a day or two. Fecal came back negative at the vets.

So now, Last night and today one of the boys is having diarrhea and the other boy is perfectly normal.

I haven’t changed any food…they are on wellness wet kitten, they are indoors always, they each eat 2 small cans a day, they eat every 6 hours, no treats or people food at all, Both play a lot and very active, and no vomiting or any other signs of a problem.

Any thoughts why 1 is having tummy problems?

Jeankit
    Participant

It may be the canned cat food. Here is a link to check out:

Kitten has diarrhea. HELP!

Also click on diarrhea tag on right of this chat/link.

Kay
    Participant

Ok thanks. They have been on the same wet food for about 2 weeks now though. No problems before this.
    I cant seem to find any posts where one kitten is normal and the other has diarrhea..
    Both get the exact same food and amount.

Jeankit
    Participant

Maybe on of the kits has an iffy tummy. My Crockey has issues w/various canned food. I would offer a little pumpkin or rice to help. If problem persists contact vet or on-line vet just in case.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.