13 YR OLD FEMALE HARDLY EATING

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 13 YR OLD FEMALE HARDLY EATING

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kittenluvxx
    Participant

Hi,
    i have a 13 year old female tortie. she has lived a healthy life even after nearly getting killed when she was 4. around 2 weeks ago the amount of food she was eating dropped significantly. she usually eats around 1 and a half to 2 pouches of felix each day now we are lucky if she eats half a pouch. around this time last week she started to eat more or less normally again until about monday when she stopped eating again. we are trying her with all sorts of different foods none are taking her fancy. she still looks healthy as she has shiny bight eyes and a glossy coat so we have no idea what is wrong with her. she isnt doing anything out of character as she has always been a big fan of her sleep as most cats are.she still loves her cuddles and rolling around on the floor. we cant understand why she wont eat.
    any help would be very much appreciated.
    thank you.

p.s we have considered taking her to the vets however when we were scheduled to take her last week we she showed signs of imrovement so we didnt bother. we can only take her on a weekend as my parents work and i have high school.

hi kittenluv! it may be best if you can take her to the vet, because your problem is vague. there could be many reasons why she is having eating issues, and the vet is the best place to start.

jcat
    Participant

Hi, there, yes, there could be many reasons why your cat isn’t eating, ranging from dental problems (which can eventually affect her kidneys) to very serious problems so please take her to the vet as soon as you can. It will not be a wasted journey as she is a senior cat now and it’s a good chance to talk to the vet about how her needs are changing and how to keep her in the best of health in the years to come. Best of luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.