12 Week Old Kitten Only Biting Me, Not Fiance'

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 12 Week Old Kitten Only Biting Me, Not Fiance'

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Louie’s Mama
    Participant

Hi all!

Lately my little Louie has been biting me when I try and pet him. This isn’t ALL the time, but it’s usually in the morning or right before bed. He does not do this to my Fiance’ and it frustrates me 🙁 And I am the one that Louie prefers! He likes my fiance’ and definitely is affectionate with him, but Louie sleeps on my side of the bed with me, when we are all on the couch I am the one he cuddles with and naps on or just sits on my lap. But I don’t understand why he does this to me and not my fiance’! I am the one who feeds him, gives him fresh water everyday, cleans his litterbox twice per day, plays with him the most.

I have read a few places and I know it’s normal for Kittens to show play-aggression around this age..but I don’t get why it’s only towards me!! I am trying my best to nip it in the bud and work with him on understanding that it is not nice to bite–but it’s driving me insane and hurting my feelings!

Any advice?

Kittyzee
    Participant

First of all is that he is still a BABY. I don’t know why he is only biting you and not your fiance’, but I don’t think it’s personal–so there’s no use in getting your feelings hurt. Kittens do play rough, and I’ve said this a lot in the last few days–that when kittens have littermates, they tend to learn from the others when they are biting too hard and vice versa. They get to playing rough and biting and they will yelp and walk away, for about two seconds then jump right back into doing the same thing again. But they do learn eventually better manners. Same thing with you. If you are consistent, and have a toy with you when he is around you and gets to biting, USE THE TOY to divert him away from your hands, arms and face. If he gets too rambunctious, then put him on the floor and ignore him. Kittens are smart, and he will learn quickly unacceptable behavior. It takes patience, and persistence, but with time he will learn what you expect from him.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.