11 week old kitten sleeping alot

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 11 week old kitten sleeping alot

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Emily
    Participant

Hi, my kitten Luna, 11 weeks old, has been sleeping a lot lately for hours at a time, like right now, she has been asleep 3 hours straight, not waking up once, even when i pet her, is this normal? I know cats “catnap” but she really doesn’t do that, catnap to me means like a 30 minute nap but her naps are almost always 45 minutes to multiple hours long, should this be something I worry about? she poops and pees fine and eats her moist food regularly the only thing i haven’t seen her do for probably a week now is drink water, even though i give her fresh water everyday, but i heard that moist food is enough for her to survive on and i did the tent test and it went down immediately so i don’t think that’s it.

Christa
    Participant

Hi there!!
    My 8 week old kitten sleeps allllll the time. They need significant sleep to grow, and can even sleep up to 20 hours a day. Mine will sleep for a few hours at a time no problem. Is your kitten full of energy when she is awake? As long as she is playing pretty hard when she is up and isn’t acting lethargic then I think you are ok. If she isnt interested in play or doesnt stay alert/awake and seems lethargic I would take her to the vet for sure.

Kittyzee
    Participant

I agree with Christa, there is a difference between sleepiness and being lethargic. If she hasn’t been to the vet yet, now would be a good time to take her anyway. They can check her for parasites (worms) and anything else that might zap her energy. She might be old enough for her first shots also.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.