10/8 Breakfast

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum TDK Cafe 10/8 Breakfast

This topic contains 50 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  KYKAT 12 23 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author

Renee in Arkansas
    Participant

Well, since Pipa started the cookie thing for breakfast and brought the coffee and latte’s, I guess I can bring all sorts of homemade cookies, take your pick.

Chocolate chip , oatmeal raisin, sugar cookies, coconut macaroons, peanut butter, lemon cookies. Let’s throw in some apple pie, too.

Sylmiafelixsmama
    Participant

Boyzandme, when I was going to College in Santa Fe, we took a bus from Santa Fe at 5am so we could get to Albuquerque in time for the lift off which was at 6am, I believe. There were hundreds of hot air balloons. You are lucky to be working in a building where you can see them fly by. I didn’t get to visit Albuquerque at all when I was there. So it means, I need to go back sometime in the near future.

Raspberry filled scones and grande mocha for breakfast.

Have a job interview at 10:00 in San Francisco. It is for a large Canadian bank. Think positive for me. Hope to land a job within the next two weeks.

Boyzandme
    Participant

Karin, come to Albuquerque anytime as my guest! Come next October for Balloon Fiesta, bring Instinct with you, this is his hometown. Good luck with your job interview. Sending you positive vibes.

paulajeanne
    Participant

Sad. Just heard on Fox that a woman was killed in that accident. So much beauty yet…

Boyzandme
    Participant

Update on the Balloon, apparently a balloon hit a powerline and fell. One person was killed. It was windy this morning, when it is windy the balloonist fly at their own risk. This is just so sad…

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

Good morning,all. Ppearson, there must be something going around-mine started out with the “sandpaper throat” a couple of days ago, then the dry cough, now the congestion and runny nose. Just went to Wal-Mart and asked the pharmacist-he recommended Advil Allergy Sinus. I’ve got to get better quick because I’m leaving Wednesday (in a car full of people) for my sister’s wedding in Va.

Boyzandme-we have a balloon festival in Howell, Michigan once a year. It is really a beautiful sight. My ex and I went on a ride once, it was a gift from me to him on our 13th anniversary. What a wonderful experience!! Have you ever take a ride?

Boyzandme
    Participant

M&M’s Mom, I have taken a ride on a tethered balloon, I’m a bit of a chicken. I will take a ride…someday, I just need to get enough nerve to do that! I hope you feel better soon.

NNGM
    Participant

MM’s Mom, it is “going around” on this side of the state too. We also have a flu-like virus going around. Perhaps it is the unseasonably warm weather. We need some frost to kill those viruses off! Hope you feel better soon.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

Boyzandme-there were always two things I wanted to do before I meet my Maker. One was to take a hot air balloon ride, which I have done and lived to tell about it. The other is to parachute from a plane, which I haven’t done yet. But I hope to live long enough to accomplish that, too (I think!!). Guess I’ve got something about “flying”.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

You’re right N&N’s Mom-the weather is usually much cooler than this in October.

It may not be that we’d have had hard frosts yet, but the temps are more in the 60’s than the 90’s!! I thought it was an allergy starting out, but it has developed into a full blown cold, I think. But come to think of it, I had to go to the hospital for a pain block, and all kinds of tests all over the hospital, so I might have picked it up there. What better place to get some kind of bug???

Boyzandme
    Participant

One thing that I want to do is Bungie Jump, I guess its sort of the same concept, it involves a type of falling. Notice you say flying I say falling?

SammyandOliversmama
    Participant

N&M’s Mom and MM’s Mom, we have it too in Fla. Ours is red tide w/stuff in the air. I am about 8 mi fromt the ocean but have been getting up in the morn with one-sided sore throat, sneezis and red eyes! It is so windy here I am sure that is what my case is. It is tuff on the little kids.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

You know, as daredevil as parachuting sounds, there is no way in h… I would EVER bungie jump. You know how they say if you know you are going to fall to your death that you’re dead (from heart attack or whatever) before you hit the ground? Well, I’d be dead from “whatever” before I got to the bottom of that bungie line.

NNGM
    Participant

I have been in Florida during a red tide – miserable! We couldn’t figure out what was wrong with us – we don’t have allergies – and finally some locals explained.

Boyzandme
    Participant

LOL, but jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, sounds really really dangerous to me! I can’t figure out why someone would want to do that? It’s flying, let it land, then get out.

MaxandCali’sMom
    Participant

Yeah, but anybody can do that!! I’d like to experience the “weightlessness” and floating and flying. They teach you how to land without hurting yourself.

And then you can brag about it!

Boyzandme
    Participant

Ok, you win. But I’ll just stay on the ground, for now. When I become more adventurous I will let you know, and and then we can brag about our adventures together!

Boyzandme
    Participant

Ok, you win. But I’ll just stay on the ground, for now. When I become more adventurous I will let you know, and and then we can brag about our adventures together!

KYKAT 12 23
    Participant

Thank you all for the well wishes. I think my bronchitis is a result of a lot of construction going on near where I work. We haven’t had much rain this summer and the dust is horrible. Not only dirt type dust from new construction, but there are several old historic buildings that are being renovated. Last Thursday, I was in a building next to one being gutted and got a big lungful of the dusty air when I was leaving. I think that triggered a lowlevel bronchial irritation into being acute bronchitis. Fortunately I did get to the Doc before it got dangerous.

for everyone with a sore throat this morning, I have made some hot tea with lemon, honey and bourbon.

NNGM
    Participant

Thanks for the tea, ppearson (hic!)

Hope you feel better soon.

KYKAT 12 23
    Participant

I am about to go brew another pot of tea. Unfortunately at work the only bourbon I can put in is virtual, but at least the hot tea keeps the coughing down.

Viewing 21 posts - 31 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.