10 day old hungry!

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum Cats & Kittens 10 day old hungry!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Chani Phil
    Participant

Hey everyone! New here.

I have a 10 day old kitten named Luna that I rescued at one day old. She started out pretty small (at 3 days old she was 90g), but she has been growing phenomenally and is now 191g.

I currently feed her 7ml of kmr every 3 hours. Within the past day, she doesnt seem satisfied by this, and about two hours after eating she is crying and wandering around her enclosure. Whenever she eats, she drinks the whole 7ml and continues greedily sucking on the syringe (she wont use a bottle). Should I try giving her a little more formula? Or go back down to two hour intervals between feeds?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Kittens will eat as much as they need.

Minimums –

Newborn need to consume about 32cc daily,
    At 2 weeks, 55cc daily,
    At 3 weeks, 80 cc daily,
    At 4 weeks, 100cc daily (add wet food to the milk to make a gruel),
    At 5 weeks, 125cc daily.

Guidelines are just that, guidelines. There aren’t many hard and fast rules but your girl is right on the minimum schedule.

KMR concentrate tends to give kits constipation and the liquid does the opposite. Here in TDKland, we recommend Goats’ milk for kittens. Cats are lactose intolerant and can’t digest cows milk. Goats’ milk is full of nutrients, probiotics and gentler on their tummies. This can also regulate the poop. You can find it in the dairy section or the concentrate in the baking aisle. Mix the concentrate 1:1 with water or pedylite. If, at any time, she seem lethargic put a dab of Karo syrup or honey in their mouth.

That’s for rescuing your wee girl. You both very lucky.

Good luck and keep in touch
    PG

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.