1 year old cat is vomiting more often than usual.

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 1 year old cat is vomiting more often than usual.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

She is 1 years old, unfixed. She’s never had a problem with vomiting before but the past few days I’ve noticed she is doing it every few hours, sometimes in chunks like a regular hairball, and other times just a brown liquid…. Her behavior is otherwise normal. It’s only been a day or two, so I’m not entirely sure, but I think it happens after she eats. My husband suggested we slow down on her feeding, because she does have a tendency to gobble up her meals, but, like I said, she’s never had this kind of issue before. at what point should we take her to a vet?

Kittyzee
    Participant

She needs to go to a vet now. Cats do yak if they eat too fast, but the brown liquid sounds like bile and you say she’s doing it every few hours. She needs vet checked and probably some blood taken to see what the problem is. Cats don’t usually act sick when they are, they can literally be at death’s door and not act it because it’s deadly in the wild to act like a weak/sick animal. It could be something simple, even sensitive stomach or worms, but she does need to be spayed as she will live a much healthier life because of it.

Jasper Sholl
    Participant

I have the same opinion as well. Since she is pregnant, you have to consult a vet for her well being. The situation may go weird if you get late. I know you both are depressed on her health matters. My kitten was vomiting for 2 days recently and I have consulted a vet. But, she was not pregnant. She is okay now. This is the situation that you should have care about her health and food as well. Take care of her and go to the vet today itself.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.