1 month old won't eat/poop/pee

Home The Daily Kitten Cat Chat Forum General Chat 1 month old won't eat/poop/pee

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jessica
    Participant

So I got a kitten from a friend two days ago. I bought Kitten formula and also wet food. I tried feeding him the wet food with extra water and also tried to make him drink milk but he only lick the milk from my finger… I’m worried because he didn’t eat a full meal of finish a 30 ml of milk yet. He plays around and meow too. He never pooped or peed since I got him too. Please help!!!

Kittyzee
    Participant

You don’t say how old your kitten is, so it’s hard to make recommendations on feeding. If you can get pet nursing bottles, or a syringe, you can put the milk into it and just keep trying to get milk into your kitten. They have to eat. Make sure you keep it warm–wrap a heating pad in a towel and have it on the low setting and put it in the kittens’ nest. A cold kitten cannot process food and probably will not eat.

Bottle Babies

Jessica
    Participant

My kitten is 4 weeks and 3 days exactly. I did buy a kitten nursing kit with bottles but he doesn’t want to drink from it 🙁 and you think a lot of blanket and pillows enough? But I’ll buy a warm pack to make sure he get warmed up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It can’t hurt to get him a warming pack. If nothing else, he’ll be more snuggly. Have you tried using a syringe with a nipple? Many fosters have luck with that method.

As you’ve noticed, there’s no fast and hard rules when raising kits. We have done a whole lot of trial and error and we always need your advice, too.

Jessica
    Participant

I see okay 🙁 I hope he eats soon. The kit came with bottle and long nipple that resembles a syringe… I’ll try my best and I’ll let you all know. Thank you so much

Anonymous
    Inactive

HI Jessica,

Many kits don’t take to feeding right away and many will fuss and wrestle with you. I understand your frustration but he has to eat so you will have to be gentle and determined. Here’s some pics on syringe feeding.

Kittyzee
    Participant

If he came with a bottle and a long nipple, check to see if there is an opening in the end of it. (Squeeze the nipple in the middle and see if it opens up at all). These nipples come in a package WITHOUT HOLES OR CUTS IN THEM! I make a slice with a razor blade in the end of the nipple so that when the kittens’ gums mash down on it, it opens up and the milk comes out. Using a hot pin in the end of it has never worked for me because the hole closes back up after the needle comes out.

At 4 weeks, he could be starting to try solid food (wet food) but will still need his kitten milk. Keep trying, HE HAS TO EAT!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.